At Lutheran Home of the Good Shepherd, we focus on small town values and integration with our community. Our guiding principle is to provide outstanding and innovative healthcare in an environment that stresses the importance of the individual and family. Our staff of dedicated professionals embodies the values that we cherish most – a nurturing spirit and a commitment to quality. If you’re looking for more than just a job, explore our career opportunities and seize your opportunity!
A career in healthcare is so much more than a job, you have an opportunity to support someone in their greatest time of need. By caring for and helping someone maintain dignity YOU make a positive difference each and every day. At LHGS we believe true happiness comes from these many opportunities. We set standards for excellence and strive to provide the highest quality care to our residents.
LHGS has a full-time Director of Maintenance position available. This position is 40 hours per week. The Maintenance Director will work Monday through Friday and one weekend per month.
The purpose of the Maintenance Director is:
- To provide and maintain a safe and clean environment for all residents, employees, and visitors.
- Maintain the inside and outside of all entities of the LHGS.
- The managing and scheduling and supervising all Laundry, Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff.
- Repair equipment, maintain all vehicles, paint, repair plumbing, keep the outside clean and well kept, and assist other departments as needed for environmental issues.
- Oversee the laundry of residents in house and ensure that it is free from infection materials, sanitized as necessary, sprayed with fire retardant spray as needed, and guide staff on proper laundry procedures.
- Maintain a good working relationship with maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry staff.
- Keep all laundry equipment at a quality level, and keep logs on repairs or replacement checks.
- Educate staff of the importance of following guidelines in laundry, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Annual budget completion and maintain said budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Will write and review policies and procedures.
- Will write job descriptions for maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry.
Salary Range: Depends on experience.
Our generous benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- Shift Differentials
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Reduced Employee Meals
- Reduced Rent at Westview Apartments
- On Site Childcare
- Full Benefits package offered to all FT and PT permanent staff who are scheduled at least 20 hours per week.
- High school graduate or equivalent, Some vocational or technical training is preferred
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and boiler repair.
- At least 1 or more years of experience working in maintenance, laundry, housekeeping, construction or similar trades.
- Must have some basic computer skills, including scheduling and timekeeping software
- Must have at least 1 or more years of leadership or management experience
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a team player.
For questions regarding this or any of our jobs and employee benefits, please do not hesitate to call Christi at 701-947-2944 or email her at email@example.com
What are you waiting for? Apply Today! https://www.lhgs.org/careers
Visit our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LutheranHomeOfTheGoodShepherd
Take an online tour by visiting: https://virte.ch/tours/1037lut/ver2/